In respect of goods (excluding spare parts and consumable items such as door seals, filters, bulbs, glass and LTX toaster elements) which are proved to the reasonable satisfaction of the Company to be damaged or defective due to defects in material or workmanship, the Company will, free of charge, within a period of 24 months from the date of resale of such goods by The Buyer, either (at the Company’s option):
- repair such goods; or
- replace such goods; or
- refund the purchase price of the goods.
The obligation in condition 9.1.1 above will not apply where:
- the goods have been improperly altered in any way whatsoever, or have been subject to misuse or unauthorised repair;
- the goods have been improperly installed or connected;
- any maintenance requirements relating to the goods have not been complied with.
- the goods are gas powered and have been installed into a mobile catering outlet such as, but not limited to, a catering trailer, in which case the Company’s obligation is limited to the free-of-charge supply of spare parts.
- Any goods which have been replaced will belong to the Company. Any repaired or replacement goods will be liable to repair, replacement or refund under the terms specified in condition 9.1.1 for the unexpired portion of the 24 month period from the original date of resale of the repaired or replaced goods.
- Installation – Equipment should be installed by a qualified person and located as per the instructions. Supplied services (Gas, Electricity and Water) should meet the specification supplied with the equipment and conform to current regulations. Gas pressure must meet the specification in the installation manual.
- Maintenance - Users are required to regularly clean equipment and ensure servicing is carried out when required. Gas equipment should be serviced at least annually.
- Modifications – any modification to the equipment will invalidate the warranty.
- User damage – any damage to the equipment that affects its usage will invalidate the warranty. This includes use of incorrect cleaning agents.
- Service engineer visits are made between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on weekdays.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the service engineer can access the equipment to effect repairs. Waiting time and abortive calls will be charged to the customer.
3. General exclusions
- Gas products are supplied for either LPG or Natural Gas use and must be connected to the correct gas. All installations must conform to current gas regulations. Gas supplies must attain the minimum pressure levels as indicated in the instructions at all times. If a regulator is supplied with the unit then it must have been fitted correctly and set to the required pressure.
Electric (excluding equipment supplied with BS 1363 plugs)
- All products must be connected to supplies with the correct voltage and phasing by a qualified electrician and comply with current regulations.
Water – all except filter flow
- Any issue identified as a result of the water supply, e.g. water pressure or water hardness is not covered by the warranty. De-scaling is chargeable to the customer. Filter systems must be capable of maintaining correct levels of treated water, and users must ensure filters are changed regularly.
Specific general exclusions
- Damage to control knobs and buttons due to misuse.
- Discolouration of components due to heat.
- Resolving drainage problems where drainage does not meet requirements.
- Lubrication of moving parts.
- Corrosion caused by the use of chemical cleaners.
- Replacement of components due to internal contamination as a result of spillage or accumulation of grease/food debris due to a lack of cleaning.
- Cabinet, drawer and door seals are considered consumable items and will not be replaced under warranty.
- Light bulbs and lens covers are considered consumable items and will not be replaced under warranty.
- Enamel coated components if impacted sufficiently will crack or chip, such damage is not covered by the terms of this warranty.
- Rectification where non-Lincat specified parts have been used.
- Where user error is established.
4. Additional exclusions by type
- Poor combustion caused by lack of cleaning.
- Failure of components directly linked to poor cleaning and/or maintenance.
- Cleaning of burners jets.
- Cleaning/adjustment of pilots and thermocouples.
- Correction of gas pressure to the appliance.
- Lubrication of gas valves.
- Renewing of gas supply fittings external to the appliance.
- Resetting of safety devices including fuses where no other fault exists.
- Renewing of supply cable ends.
- Failure to replace the filter with a Lincat supplied item.
- Descaling of the unit.
- Damage to the elements resulting from mechanical descaling e.g. using a scraper.
- Cleaning and un-blocking of fryer filter systems due to customer misuse.
- Replacement of components damaged by cooking oils due to a lack of cleaning and care when replacing oil.
- Damage to thermostats.
- Damage resulting from lack of water flow to the unit.
- Chipped or damaged glass not reported at time of delivery.
- Damage due to blocked or missing air filters.
Chargrills and salamanders with Ceramic burners
- Impact damage caused by the user.
Chargrill Radiant covers
- Radiant covers are considered consumable items and may corrode if not regularly cleaned due to prolonged contact with salt and fats and will not be replaced under warranty.
- Damage to heaters due to failure to replace radiant covers is not covered by the warranty.
Heated and chilled food displays
- Chipped or damaged glass not reported at time of delivery.
- Damage to components resulting from restricted airflow to inlets and outlet.
- Damage to components resulting from accumulation of airborne particles.
- Condensation on cold surfaces if units are installed in environments beyond specification.
5. Replacement units additional conditions
- Lincat may choose to replace a unit that requires repair.
- Lincat reserve the right to send and engineer to attempt a repair before a replacement is offered.
- If no fault is found Lincat reserves the right to charge for the replacement. Acceptance of delivery of a new unit is acceptance of this condition by the customer.
- Any goods which have been replaced will belong to the Company. Any repaired or
- replacement goods will be covered for the unexpired portion of the original warranty.