Choosing a fryer?
When looking for a deep fat fryer you need to consider output, recovery time, quality, reliability and cost.
You should also check out the back up service and availability of parts should the unit require repair during service. All Lincat fryers, sold in the UK and Ireland, whether free-standing or counter top, come with a comprehensive two year on site parts and labour warranty.
- Consider your present and future frying requirements and always buy the size to suit this need, allowing for future expansion.
- Always talk to your dealer about your requirements; they will be able to offer impartial advice on the best fryer for your particular needs.
- Check capacities and output quoted are like for like i.e. is the output of chips per hour for frozen, fresh or blanched product?
- For all but the smallest counter top fryers, control knobs should be safely sited at the front of the unit.
- Buy from a reputable manufacturer to be sure of compliance with all relevant regulations and to ensure ongoing service and spare parts availability.
- Are baskets, batter plates and lids included in the price?
- Look for strong wire baskets – fast draining and nickel plated for corrosion resistance.
- The fryer should have close tolerance thermostats for consistent results.
- The fryer should be easy to dismantle for cleaning.
- In high volume operations consider fryers with built-in oil filtration systems.
- Also consider the long term cost savings of high efficiency fryers
- A high performance, twin tank gas fryer is a natural choice for peak periods, but a smaller, electric countertop model for breaded or battered side orders is also a great idea for any kitchen.
Lincat currently offers the professional caterer a choice of no fewer than 36 commercial fryers, ranging from a 2.5 kW electric counter-top model to a 32 kW free standing gas twin tank model. The fryers fall into one of three product ranges: the Lynx 400 range of counter-top equipment, the Silverlink 600 range of gas and electric modular equipment and Opus 800, Lincat’s stylish and robust range of heavy duty prime cooking equipment. These, together with the high efficiency Opus 800 Vortech fryer mean that Lincat can provide a fryer to meet every requirement and budget.